Dr. Turner graduated with highest honors and received her Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, Tempe, AZ in January of 2006. She has been a practicing RN since 1975 having received her Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS. Her Naturopathic training encompasses Nutrition, Botanical Medicine, Acupuncture, Physical Medicine, Minor Surgery, Homeopathy, Mind-Body Medicine, Chelation Therapy and Women’s Medicine. Dr. Turner can assist you with the following health concerns:
- Diet & Wellness Enhancement
- Digestive Problems
- Upper Respiratory/Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions
- Women’s Health/Menopausal symptoms
- Adrenal and Thyroid Imbalance
- Migraines and Headaches
- Flu Treatment and Prevention
As a Naturopathic Physician, Dr. Turner believes that health begins in the digestive tract. Even the best organic foods cannot help us if we are unable to absorb the nutrients. A diet diary is a useful tool `to assess diet and begin designing a food plan that is specifically prepared for you. One size does not fit all when it comes to nutrition and individualization is the key to success.
Dr. Turner utilizes an extensive patient interview, physical exam, and laboratory studies to make a diagnosis. She utilizes botanicals, nutritional supplements and pharmaceuticals when appropriate. These aid not only in the alleviation of symptoms but more importantly in the correction of the underlying cause of the problem. Alleviation of symptoms alone is only a temporary fix, not a cure for the problem.
What is a typical office appointment like?
- A medical intake form will be filled out prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours will be spent reviewing the intake form, interviewing and getting to know you and your medical condition so a clear picture of your health needs and concerns can be determined.
- Follow-up visits are scheduled as needed to review lab results, to insure progress and to “fine-tune” the treatment plan.
- Supplements and labs will be prescribed as indicated by your health concerns.
- You will receive written instructions that you can refer to once you leave the office.